Foley Area C.A.R.E. had its annual pie and ice cream social and health fair on Monday, August 17, 2015, at the St. John Church in Foley, MN. We also had a raffle for two beautiful quilts made by Lou Demarais and St. Anne’s Mission Group. Over 50 volunteers made delicious pies which were served at the church and many were purchased to be enjoyed later at home.
Volunteers and Vendors
The health fair consisted of 20 vendors who set up tables to display items associated with their business and answered any questions that attendees had. Also, at the health fair was an opportunity given by Benton County Public Health to have dates of immunizations checked to see what immunizations might be needed. We would like to thank all of the vendors that took time out of their schedules to assist community members with health concerns and questions. We would also like to thank:
- Catholic Church of St. John for the use of their building
- Benton County American Dairy Association for the donation of ice cream
- Super America of Foley for the donation of cups
- Our many volunteers that made pies
- Volunteers that waited on tables
- The set-up and cleanup crews
We would also like to give out a big thank you to the community for attending our fundraising event. By working together, we can continue to make our community a vibrant place to call home.